Saturday 18 September 2021

Portugal 2021 - Day 1 (Porto) - Airport schadenfreude



Let's cut to the chase. Liz and I have successfully escaped the UK for the first time in nearly two years and have made it to Porto on the first leg of a meandering little Portuguese road trip. Logistics were a little more challenging than usual, but on a scale of travel difficulty starting from being a member of the Royal Family through to replicating the efforts of Snake Pliskin, I'd personally place the challenge more at the straightforward end.

That's not to say everyone will be feeling the same today. I clocked a number of sightings of folks who had pretty much booked, turned up with their nhs covid vaccine certificates and hoped for the best. I can only imagine the wrench of the cognitive dissonance affecting a hard line brexiteer faced with the unavoidable fact that the validity of their British vaccination certificate is simply not good enough for the EU, thus negating their plans to enjoy a hearty English fry up on a veranda in Alicante.

That's all for now. I'll try to keep my musings short. 

Porto is lovely by the way. 


No comments :

Post a Comment